quesProperty gift from a donor. Now can i sell that flat that was gifted?

i had got flat from donors as gift deed, and society is still not issuing me the share certificates, they say get from donors or trying to delay but the thane sub registrar office has given order to society to make me member, on society board my name is there , i can sell the flat or no. it is registered in my name

  • ans

    If the sub registrar has issued an order to society , then by virtue of the said order society is bound to issue you the share certificate.

    We suggest that in case they fail to do so, then you can send a legal notice through a lawyer thereby directing the society to issue you share certificate. Despite legal notice they fail to issue share certificate then you can file suit for declaration.

    Further with respect to your other query whether you can sell the house, it totally depends on the buyer, if the buyer agrees to buy the said flat without share certificate then you can sell the same.

  • ansif the property is registered in your name and you are the registered owner then you have absolute right to dispose, transfer, sell morgate lease, lean the said property as per your own wish and desire.

    Advocate Sagar Kothari

      District Court Shivajinagar, Pune

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

Hi Sir, We sold on property to a person and the agreement was made but…

We owners purchased flats in Ankshu Wisteria Apartment (Kodigehalli , KR Puram) From TGR Group…

We purchased a joint property with home loan facility of Rs.17.5 lakhs. Property is registered…
My grandfather made a will before dying that each of his two sons(Inc my father)…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly