Property from father to daughter.
I am married and have a daughter but deserted by my husband for more than 2 years. My father recently acquired 19 kathas ancestral land as a part of division of family property. Now, we are 2 sisters and 1 brother. Sister married and brother unmarried. Our father wants to give me 10 kathas out of the 19 kathas. What is the best way to do it so that i future there is no litigation. Also, if a sale-deed has to be made, can the price of the land in the sale deed has to be the current market value or a father can sell at a lesser value to his daughter?
Your father can execute gift deed in your favour. Have it duly stamped and registered. Please clarify on what basis you say property was ancestral.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- how to apply for mutual consent divorce and maintenance
- What legal option after a decree relating to property in one's favor?
- to get stay order on recruitment under writ
- How to file complaint against bank for disclosing customer details
- Wife tried to commit suicide, how to get custody of children