Property dispute in family. How can we resolve it?
My mother died 4 years ago and she had a property in her name and she did not make any will. I have 2 sisters and me the elder sister and one brother and father. My father, brother and sisters have no relation with eachother and my brother does not want to settle this matter. I dont want to file a property dispute case against them as it is expensive, time consuming and unreliable approach. Is there any other way?
You are partially right, property dispute case may be expensive and a little time consuming but it is reliable.
Because you can settle the matter out of the court only in case all the claimants agree to settle it amicably.
As you said that your brother is unwilling to settle the matter, try to convince him that property has to be partitioned and distributed among all legal heirs someday then why this should not be settled amicably.
Same as try to convince all the family members and persuade them to settle the property matter amicably out of the court.
Daughters also have equal rights in property to that of sons, then your brother cannot legally resist the settlement of this matter, try to put this in his mind.
If your brother or no one agrees to this settlement out of court then approaching to the court will be the only last resort.
Advocate Sandeep NaikRajendra Nagar, Indore
Yes, there is alternate way to rederess the dispute.
We can take up the matter to Court monitored and backed mediation for amicably resolving the dispute between your family. It's not a civil suit for partition and does not linger on. Within 1-2 hearings, it gets decided by the court.
Where is the property situated as the jurisdiction of court will send upon the same.
Raghvendra Singh Raghuvanshi
Advocate- High Court of MP
Advocate Raghvendra Singh RaghuvanshiIndore, Indore
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Whether an advocate can appear before a maintenance tribunal or not
- Can I sell my elder brother's house when he is in jaail
- How can I file for divorce
- Can baseless allegations of corruption be filed under defamation case.
- lost my original birth certificate, X and XII certificate