I have a query on laws of a flat owner vis a vis tenants. We live in Mumbai and have a flat in Bangalore. if I let out the flat in good faith in the understanding that the rental agreement will be done only on receipt of the deposit amount and if the person refuses to pay the deposit amount, what are my rights as an owner? Can i get such a person to leave the property? If yes, how?
You need to immediately send a notice asking the person to vacate the premises. Of course it is an encroachment. It was however negligent on your part to allow possession without getting the agreement registered. Take immediate steps to evict the person . Engage a local later on Bangalore. Also file a complaint on the local police station stating that the person has taken illegal possession.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- How can I not let legal heirs claim in joint property
- Is it legal to do second marriage once alimony for first wife starts
- Stay together for 2 years out of 7 years can I file for divorce
- False allegation by HR department on my Distance Learning Institute
- No written agreement with buyer. He is not paying the pending money.