Mr. A is the first owner of the house property at Dahisar, Mumbai registered under the cooperative societies act (property was bought in August 2009).He has financed the house 100% and the house is co-owned by his elder brother Mr. B who currently serving his jail term in Muscat Oman (precisely 10 years). Also to add Mr. A has disowned his elder brother, Mr. B earlier in 2004. However, later Mr. A financed his elder brother's entire marriage and also gave him the house of Dahisar to stay. However, Mr. B's criminal records has resulted in Mr. A to change his thoughts and wants his 100% financed house at Dahisar to be sold. What are the options available with him to sell the house and get the enitre sale value in his name?
Mr A would need Mr B consent to sell the flat . both are co owners of flat . the mistake A made was purchasing flat in joint names . without B consent flat cannot be sold
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Inheritance Land Property Ucchila near Udupi Karnataka
- Can consumer court order builder to give possession to the customers
- GPA given to someone by previous owner of property is sale valid
- Do grand daughters have right on maternal grand fathers property
- How can i file a complaint against employer for full&final; settlement