×

quesProperty bought jointly in father's name. Who all can claim share?

There is a property on my father's name. We have all the documents. It was bought by my father and grandfather. They jointly paid for the property. Who are all the people who can claim share in that property?

• ansThis will depend on the religion as different religion follows different succession laws.

All the legal heirs - for your grandfather as well as your father - can claim their share in the property.

So, even Sister of your Father as well as Brother of your Father as well as Brother of your Grandfather can claim the shares in the property, depending on whether they are first line or second line or third line Heirs...

• ansIt seems your father and grandfather have jointly purchased the property so they both are having undivided share in said property. Upon demise of your father his share will go to his Class I heir and upon demise of your grandfather his share will be inherited by his Class I heir including your father

Advocate Radhika Pachpor

Erandwane, Pune

• ansSir,
    From ur query if property is joint family in that case all male n female members are coparcener n are entitle to equal shares including kids born as in date. And all of them can claim their shares in property

Advocate Pramod Kale

District Court, Shivajinagar, Pune