Property bought jointly in father's name. Who all can claim share?
There is a property on my father's name. We have all the documents. It was bought by my father and grandfather. They jointly paid for the property. Who are all the people who can claim share in that property?
This will depend on the religion as different religion follows different succession laws.
All the legal heirs - for your grandfather as well as your father - can claim their share in the property.
So, even Sister of your Father as well as Brother of your Father as well as Brother of your Grandfather can claim the shares in the property, depending on whether they are first line or second line or third line Heirs...
Advocate Namitabh KothariFort, Mumbai
It seems your father and grandfather have jointly purchased the property so they both are having undivided share in said property. Upon demise of your father his share will go to his Class I heir and upon demise of your grandfather his share will be inherited by his Class I heir including your father
Advocate Radhika PachporErandwane, Pune
From ur query if property is joint family in that case all male n female members are coparcener n are entitle to equal shares including kids born as in date. And all of them can claim their shares in property
Advocate Pramod KaleDistrict Court, Shivajinagar, Pune
Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Uncle greedy and want to take all ancestral property. What to do?
- Brother of son in law mentally harassing my daughter. What action?
- FIR lodged against me for hitting a guy with my car
- Parent wish to transfer their property to me which is best way
- How to do division of property among property