Property alloted by dda to the father in lieu of land forfeited by gra
If a land is alloted by dda in lieu of a land forfeited by the grandfather then what is the right of grandsons/granddaughters towards the property alloted by dda. And if father sold the property alloted by dda then what is the right towards the cash which received by the father.
its depend on the status of the property that father receive the property in what capacity testamentary or inherited. if he receive property on basis of will etc. in that case he can sell the property and grandsons can not claim anything. but if father succeed the property after death of grandfather the grandchildren have right in the property and can claim the same.
Advocate Yogesh Kumar VidyakarDistrict Court, Dwarka, Delhi
Grandchildren have rights over the property acquired by the grandfather being an ancestral property and father under law is not authorised to sell it without their consent if they have attained majority.
land allotted by DDA to grandfather in lieu of forfeited land also falls in the category of ancestral property for grandchildren and law related to it is applicable.
Advocate Upma ShrivastavaSupreme Court of India, Delhi
Land allotted to: Father
Land allotted by: DDA
Land forfeited by: Grandfather
Query: Rights of grandsons and granddaughters
Answer: The land allotted to the Father by DDA will be self-acquired land and hence, the rights in the same will accrue as per the wishes of the father. Further, in case the land has been illegally forfeited by the grandfather after the death of the father, the grandchildren can file a case on behalf of the deceased father.
Advocate Mishika SinghLajpat Nagar 1, Delhi
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- How is the property distributed after death of husband
- What are the consequences of not appearing on a court hearing
- Can I sue the company as the same number is working on other operator
- Details about 80E Tax Deduction on Interest Payments
- Making will before distribution of property