Problem with landlord. No place in new building.
For three generation we are residing in a wakf property building in Kolkata. We had being paying rent to the rent control sine last 25 years because the lessee refused to maintain the building.The lessee recently is planning to construct a new building by demolishing the old one. He had gone into an agreement with all the tenants except us. We had been trying to negotiate with the lessee but he has been ignoring.
My question is that can he overthrow us from giving us any position in the new building. How legally he can do the same? What are the ways to confront the situation?
He cannot do that. Immediately file a case seeking permanent stay against any move by the lessee to throw you out. Once the court puts a stay on the construction he will have no option but to move back. For this you will need the assistance of a local lawyer.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- No action by Labour Inspector to recover dues. What should i do now?
- Husband planning to take daughters abroad w/o my consent to settle.
- Can the Bank take my Property?
- Wife complained to police now threatening to file dowry case
- Daughter harassed by her husband and in-laws. What options available?