Power of a sub registrar, validity of a sale deed.
I gave power of attorney to a person and after some time I intimated him that I am going to cancel his power and cancelled his power. Both are registered. on the same day when I cancelled his power he intentionally made a sale of agreement with one person for 1,60,000 by getting 1,50,000 as advance and registration to be done with in three months of time.
The buyer did not contacted me until now. The agreement is made three and half years ago is it still valid. When inquired in sub
register office he asks to cancel the sale of agreement to sell it to other person. does the sub registrar has the power to reject on stating the sale agreement.
If duly stamped & registered POA is given to a person for sale of property then he has the liberty to enter into agreement to sell the property. If you have revoked the POA, you should have given wide publicity in the leading local newspapers. Whether the POA entered into is duly stamped & registered Agreement of Sale with a third party before you revoked the POA? Sale agreement made 3 1/2 years ago will not be valid now. Registered agreement of sale can be cancelled if both parties agree.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Can wife file 498A and divorce case at the same time
- Purchase of Property where MInor has a Share
- Mental torture by husband and in laws. what legal action can I take
- False information given at time of marriage. Is nullification possible
- What the procedure for divorce after 1 year of marriage?