Person made a written promise to give land, not fulfilled. What to do?
I have paid Rs. 275000 to a person to buy a plot 4 years ago. He has also gave me in written that if the plot will not be given by 14-12-2014, he will pay a penalty of Rs 1000/- per day in addition to the plot.
But he has not given me anything till date. So please advice me. I am helpless.
You can file a recovery suit claiming the amount of Rs. 2,75,000/- along with the penalty to be calculated from 14.12.2014 to the date of actual realization of the payment.
You can send him letters in writing seeking details of the property and you can only initiate a recovery suit once the due date has come i.e. after 14.12.2014.
However, we shall be in a better position to guide you if we could examine your agreement with him.
Kindly contact us for any further details and action.
Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
- IPC Section 201 - Causing disappearance of evidence of offence, or giving false information to screen offender
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Can i apply for appointment on compassionate grounds after 1year limit
- Wife not coming back to her matrimonial home she is underaged
- ancestral property distribution dispute
- Ancestral land but grandfather name not in it can we claim equal share
- how an adult gets his reservation under obc for a govt job