Partition suit during lifetime of the father.
In a hindu family a partition suit against the father by his daughter during his lifetime in respect of ancestral property is maintainable in Guwahati , Assam?? one advocate from Guwahati told me that in Assam Dayabhaga rule is applicable, under which during the lifetime of father his sons and daughter cannot claim partition. I have gone through the Hindu succession act 1956 & 2005 but there the word dayabhaga is not mentioned at all. However Mitakshara is mentioned at section
Yes, in a hindu family a partition suit against the father by his daughter during his lifetime in respect of ancestral property only is maintainable in Guwahati, Assam. Yes,Dayabhaga rule is applicable in Assam. During the lifetime of father, his sons and daughter cannot claim partition of self acquired property of father.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- When can we apply for stay on arrest in Uttar Pradesh
- What legal rights do i and our child gets entitled to after divorce?
- Wife filed false DV case after 1 year of separation. Can I remarry?
- what is difference between VRS and resignation
- How many times required to get cheque bounced before filing 138 case