Partition suit during lifetime of the father.
In a hindu family a partition suit against the father by his daughter during his lifetime in respect of ancestral property is maintainable in Guwahati , Assam?? one advocate from Guwahati told me that in Assam Dayabhaga rule is applicable, under which during the lifetime of father his sons and daughter cannot claim partition. I have gone through the Hindu succession act 1956 & 2005 but there the word dayabhaga is not mentioned at all. However Mitakshara is mentioned at section
Yes, in a hindu family a partition suit against the father by his daughter during his lifetime in respect of ancestral property only is maintainable in Guwahati, Assam. Yes,Dayabhaga rule is applicable in Assam. During the lifetime of father, his sons and daughter cannot claim partition of self acquired property of father.
Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- What all proofs required to form the ground of the divorce
- Got a floor by Will. How can i sell it now or registry is required?
- Who will hold the firm after death of a partner
- can a father evict his son from his father's property
- Can I get separated from my family