quesPartition suit during lifetime of the father.

In a hindu family a partition suit against the father by his daughter during his lifetime in respect of ancestral property is maintainable in Guwahati , Assam?? one advocate from Guwahati told me that in Assam Dayabhaga rule is applicable, under which during the lifetime of father his sons and daughter cannot claim partition. I have gone through the Hindu succession act 1956 & 2005 but there the word dayabhaga is not mentioned at all. However Mitakshara is mentioned at section

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Sukhwinder Singh Rai

  District Court, Ludhiana
 Experience: 17 years

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Sudershani Ray

  Kailash Hills
 Experience: 10 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly