Partition of inherited land among children
Our ancestral property of a land and a house in a village is still in the name of our mother who is no more. Originally, the property belongs to our grandfather who had two sons (one of them is our father). As no partition was done during my father's life time, the title for my father's share was transferred to my mother.
Now, she is also no more. We would now like to partition the land among the four of us. What is the procedure to follow?
Is there any WILL made by your mother. If there is no WILL then obtain a succession certificate from the court of the jurisdiction of the property on the basis of 1/4th share in your mother's property.
You can also move an application for mutation of property in the name of all 4 children. Enclose a copy of the death certificate. If a no objection is received then the property would be transferred in the name of the legal heirs. You can then enter into a partition deed or a deed for family settlement.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Stolen bike recovered by police now asking charges to transfer bike
- wife wants a maintenance but I'm jobless.
- If Indian Highway Authority is legal?
- Right of daughter on father's property after marriage ?
- Who gets the ownership in case co-owned dies in the property