Parent died can the house be sold or lease without consent of others
A parent died leaving behind 6 children ( 4 daughters and 2 sons ) Can a land or house be leased on rent, or sold or constructed without the consent of anyone of them?
If the land belonged to the parent, on his death, all the legal heirs became the owners. Therefore without the consent of all of them a valid transfer (lease, or sale etc) cannot be done. The right of he legal heirs in the property is determined by the personal law applicable to the parent.
Advocate Nelson JosephPallimukku, Kochi
The query is deficient in material facts. It appears that the property belonged to the dead person and he had died intestate (i.e. without leaving Will). If so, the property is jointly vested in the spouse and the children. Any transaction should necessarily involve all the joint holders.
Advocate P VenuKottayam District, Vaikom
After the death of farther or mother both of them then the class one heirs are the owners of the property by way of succession if they are belongs to Hindu religion. For vegging a correct replay need more things about religion,the property is in whos name? etc/..
Advocate Ajay NSNorth Paravur, Kochi
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Can I give my property in different state as surety for bail
- Whats the process to make succession certificate.
- Daughter's share in father's property after recent judgement
- How to file complaint against business centre for unethical practices
- I have developed a computer software how can I protect it