owner died before mutation
I bought a piece of land. It has been registered but the seller had died before mutation and there are six owners of this land. Three of the owners are untraceable. What should I do for mutation and is it possible to sell this land without mutation? I need your help please suggest.
Presence of seller is not required during mutation. An application for mutation of the title of the property will have to be made to the City Survey and Land Records office for seeking mutation of the title of the property in the name of the purchaser. The authorized signatory has to submit the duly signed application along with the affidavit, indemnity bond and a notarized copy of the registered Sale Deed.
After the assessment of the request for mutation, the City Survey and Land Records office decides the value of the tax on the property and issues a letter of mutation in favour of the purchaser.seell the property only after mutation in your name
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- How to end marriage without getting divorce
- can i fight against consensual sex age limit to 16 in nirbhaya act.
- Only first name printed on certificate do I have to make corrections
- Can government issued cards be kept as indemnity with someone else?
- Transfer of Mother in law's property in my name after her death