quesOur 1/4th area in basement parking is occupied by builder to make shop

I have a freehold builder made flat in Indirapuram. I have 10 more residents in my building. We have a common basement parking. Height of parking may be around 3 metres. 1/4th area of parking is blocked by builder on the name of making some shop/office. All of our vehicles cann't be parked inside, we face problems in parking outside.We want to use that area also for parking our vehicles. I want to know the procedure to ask our right regarding this through RTI from GDA. Can we ask/complain the GDA to broke-open the walls of that shop for us to park our vehicles there? How to know our rights?

  • ans

    We will have to examine your property paper wherein the area you purchased from the builder will be specified.

    According to Supreme court , in (Nahalchand Laloochand P.Ltd. VS Panchali Co-operative Housing Society Ltd. – JT 2010 (9) SC 414: 2010 AIR SCW 5549)

    has clearly held that that  parking spaces cannot be sold by the builder. They are a part of the common areas and the cost of that land has to be charged to all the flat-owners in proportion to their carpet area .

    You can file RTI  to GDA and seek information regarding the property.   Further  through a application you can further ask GDA whether they can break the wall, however we doudt that GDA will do the same.

    In addition , you can file a consumer case  in the consumer forum for unfair trade practice" against the builder


  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

My mother wants to give a property to me and get it registered in my…
My husband expired leaving behind several rent earning properties and without a will. He is…
After more than 4 years, builder not completed work of building ( work in progress…
Property was in mother's name, mother died, family details - father still alive age 75,…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly