quesOnce rights in father's property given up. Can they be restored?

I relinquished my rights to my father's property who died intestate, and thereby the property was mutated in my 2 brothers' name. Now due to some reason I want to withdraw that and seek my share.


How can I do it?


  • ans


    Relinquishment must have been done by way of a relinquishment deed and this is a contract. 


    Therefore, for revoking the relinquishment deed, you need to prove that either you did not have the capacity to contract or your consent was obtained by way of coercion, fraud, undue influence, misrepresentation or mistake.


    If the same can be proven in the Court, then you can revoke your relinquishment deed.


    Also, the relinquishment deed needs to be stamped and registered to be admissible in Court, if the legal formalities have not been complied then the same is invalid.


    Kindly contact us for any further details and action.


  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

I belong to Hindu background family. My father died without any will. We are 2…
I had bought flat in june 2013. Some parts of payment (3 instalments) were delayed…
Right for husband'sproperty for a Muslim widow as per indian law if she have a…
my son(hindu family) has forcibly locked three rooms in my house (on my wife'name)and shifted…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly