quesOn whose name sales deed stamp paper are brought for registration

Regarding sale deed stamp paper for registration is generally bought in the name of purchaser i.e., one who pays the amount to buy the property and registration fees are paid by the buyer and not by the seller. Regarding Release Deed/Relinquish Deed/Gift Deed/Settlement Deed, on whose name stamp papers are to be purchased i.e., whether in the name of executant or claimant's name ?.Also who should pay the registration fees? Please advise

  • ans It is important to know that while transferring ownership of property, a buyer needs to pay taxes in the form of Stamp Duty and Registration charges to their respective state government. These charges, however, vary from state to state. Some states collect different stamp duty from their rural and urban areas, whereas few other states provide discounts to female buyers of the property

    Advocate Ishan Rohan

      Madan Mohan Mandir, Ranchi

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

Can a younger brother claim share in elder brother's property if property is bought by…

hi We have property registered in the name of my Mom. Now she want to…

Bought a flat @ 2014 & paid service charge for the Under Construction flat. With…
sir i want to ask that my father was die . and in my family…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly