quesNot allowing construction on my plot

I have a land with proper documents. Recently my adjacent plot owner started his boundary construction and encroached into my land. When I noticed this and confronted him, he claims that it is his land. When I verified in the RI office, I find all my documents are correct. Please suggest what needs to be done?

• ansIf the land encroached upon by the adjacent land owner, is registered in records as your land then you are the owner thereof. You can challenge the same under section 144 in the court immediately. To stop any further attempt towards encroachment by him you should move to the court and obtain injunction against him.