quesNo written agreement with buyer. He is not paying the pending money.

I sold my land for 80 lakh. My verbal deal with the buyer by was that he will pay me in monthly installments of 20 lakh for coming consecutive 4 months.

He paid for 2 months and took the possession. Now he has the possession and 2 installments are pending and he is not willing to pay.

There is no written agreement of any sort. How can I get him to pay me?

• ansIf you don’t wish to continue the deal with the buyer, you can send a legal notice to the buyer asking him to pay the pending amount or else to vacate the premises, also stating if he doesn’t vacate the premises then you will forfeit the 40 lakhs in your possession and the deal will stand cancelled.

If he doesn’t pay or respond then you can file a suit for specific performance in the concerned civil court.