quesNeighbour not allowing to me to repair common wall. What can i do?

my first question is that. my neighbor is not allowing me to repair my house walls which is common dead wall of me and him. what should i do? can i file a complaint against him? and get my work done? my other question is that in front of my house we have a electricity pole which is bent i want to get it straight but again my neighbor is not allowing me to do so? what should i do?

  • ansAs you said the wall is common so you have equal right over it. If he isn't allowing you to do so, then lodge a complaint when he tries to obstruct and if things don't get sorted then file an application with MCD or File Civil Suit

    Advocate Kunal Sabharawal

      Panchsheel Enclave, Delhi

  • ansGet the work done. If your neighbour has a problem, it's his problem and the only way he can stop you is by a legitimate court order which he will most probably not get as ur getting the work done in yours and his interest. And if he makes too much of a noise, file a police complaint.

    Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

      Supreme Court of India, Delhi

  • ansDear Sir,

    The remedy available to you is to file for a mandatory injunction and get orders in your favor so that you can construct the wall as well as straigten up the electricity pole.

    Feel free to revert in case of further clarifications.

    Advocate Sonia Saini

      Dwarka, Delhi

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

There is a house in name of my grand father who has passed away in…
Hello, i have a grandfather land original document which has adangal patta in my father's…
My father has a self aquired property and we have decided to sell. I have…
My father, a hindu, has a self acquired property(a house) and he passed away few…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Vipin Kumar Malhotra

  Saket Court Complex
 Experience: 18 years

Advocate J. P. Rinwa

  High Court
 Experience: 16 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly