Neighbor doing illegal construction. Risk to my life.
My neighbor i believe is doing illegal construction. He is building ground plus 3 more floors on his land. I am afraid if the building collapses due to earthquake then my life is at risk. How can i get him to stop the construction? What legal action can i take against him?
The number of floors which can be constructed can be disclosed only after perusing the plan sanctioned by the municipal corporation.
If the construction is in violation of the plans then you may move to local civil court under which the property falls for obtaining a stay order against the illegal construction.
The part of the building which has already come into existence as on the date of filing of the petition can be ordered to be demolished by court.
Alongwith, file a RTI to the municipal corporation to obtain a copy of the sanctioned plan.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Property Transfer rules for Property bought by my father
- Dowry harassment cruelty by husband and in laws police not cooperating
- Received divorce from court & need to cancel marriage in arya samaj
- Illegal bag shop in residential area
- One partner is foreigner what legality for incorporating startup