quesNeighbor doing illegal construction. Risk to my life.

My neighbor i believe is doing illegal construction. He is building ground plus 3 more floors on his land. I am afraid if the building collapses due to earthquake then my life is at risk. How can i get him to stop the construction? What legal action can i take against him?

  • ansThe number of floors which can be constructed can be disclosed only after perusing the plan sanctioned by the municipal corporation.

    If the construction is in violation of the plans then you may move to local civil court under which the property falls for obtaining a stay order against the illegal construction.

    The part of the building which has already come into existence as on the date of filing of the petition can be ordered to be demolished by court.

    Alongwith, file a RTI to the municipal corporation to obtain a copy of the sanctioned plan.

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

Hi.i purchased a property from a women 8 month back , property was in her…

I own a property in Chennai (India). I have all the legal documents. I have…
My grand grand father was expelled from their property by their own relatives after the…
Are married daughters entitled to equal share of ancestral property. Father died in 1999. Please…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Vipin Kumar Malhotra

  Saket Court Complex
 Experience: 18 years

Advocate J. P. Rinwa

  High Court
 Experience: 16 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly