my mothers brothers are not giving correct money after partition.
my mothers brothers are not giving equal amount to my mother and her sisters after selling mothers grandfathers property they sold the property for 70 laks they are only giving only 5 laks to each sisters and keeping the rest of the money to themselves my mother has 4 sisters and 3 brothers what should we do
As per Section 6 of the Hindu Succession Act, your mother and her sister are also entitled for share in the land and that the sale deed executed by your uncles are illegal.
We suggest you that your mother alongwith her sister shall file suit for declaration and physical possession of the suit property.
Further in the said suit they should also seek declaration and challenge the sale deed executed by their brother null and void on the ground no consent was obtained by their brother for sale property
As all the brothers and sisters have an equal share in the property, your mother can sue the brothers for not giving her the due share. Before filing please make sure that you can prove in court that property was sold for Rs.70 lacs and not less.
Advocate Kanika BhutaniPunjabi Bagh (West), Delhi
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Tenant ordered by court to vacate the premises how to remove him
- How register brand, if similar name used for another business in US?
- Husband left me took his stuff and not returning what can I do
- I received a family court notice
- Can i give statement to the judge prior to the hearing