quesmy mothers brothers are not giving correct money after partition.

my mothers brothers are not giving equal amount to my mother and her sisters after selling mothers grandfathers property they sold the property for 70 laks they are only giving only 5 laks to each sisters and keeping the rest of the money to themselves my mother has 4 sisters and 3 brothers what should we do

• ansAs per  Section 6 of the Hindu Succession Act, your mother and her sister  are also entitled for share in the land and that the sale deed executed by your uncles are illegal. 

We suggest you that your mother alongwith her sister shall   file suit for declaration and physical possession of the suit property.

Further in the said suit they should also seek declaration and challenge the  sale deed executed by their brother null and void  on the ground no consent was obtained by their brother for sale  property

• ansAs all the brothers and sisters have an equal share in the property, your mother can sue the brothers for not giving her the due share. Before filing please make sure that you can prove in court that property was sold for Rs.70 lacs and not less.

Advocate Kanika Bhutani

Punjabi Bagh (West), Delhi