mothers share in dead son's property
We own a house which is shared between me and my brother. My brother passed away in an accident. There is no will. My mom, his two kids and his wife are listed in the warsa certificate. Can my mom have a share in the property and how do we go about dividing the house and lead separate lives.
Your mom being a surviving heir has an inalienable share in the property. If all the shareholders are unanimous in dividing the property then the same may be divided by executing a partition deed.
If any of them is opposed to division then the only remedy is to file a case for partition in the court and get the property divided by the process of court.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Can builders ask for additional charges on govt notification ?
- How can I defend myself from motor accident case
- Buyer asking for relinquishment deed from all the grandson
- muslim divorce by mutual consent
- Dowry harassment case against in laws husband defaming me