mothers owned land- division
My mother has two sisters and no brother. So she and her sister got 15 acre from my mother's father. Which will be divided between both. My mother has two sons. me and my younger brother. she wants me to settle at my nanaji's home and my younger brother at my home(my village). Can she give that 7 acre (from 15 acre, which is her share) to me without asking my brother, ? 2)can i get my share (after getting 7 acre) from my fathers property(my father died long ago,without dividing property which is not divided between my uncle and my father)?
Did your maternal grand father leave a will during his life time? If no will was made by him then his house fell in equal shares to your mother and her two sisters after the demise of your maternal grand father. She can give to you 7 acres without asking your bother as this is a property in which neither you nor your brother have any right until and unless expressly granted by your mother by way of a written instrument.
Your proprietary rights in the property of your father have no nexus with the property of your maternal grand father. So you can take your share.
Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- can my wife claim maintenance later after mutual divorce granted
- What is the maximum duration for mediation in case of divorce
- Can divorce be filed if wife has extra marital affairs
- Can we file HAMA application in same court
- Can the Employer stop me from starting the same business after leaving