mother willing to sell land and divide between sons
Mother owns vacant land. She wants to sell and divide the proceeds equally to her sons.. What is the procedure and advisable legal formalities? What is taxable? Is there exemption if reinvested in property or construction?
If she is the owner of the land then she is at liberty and its her choice to sell it and give the sale proceeds in the proportion she desires. She can sell the land and make a will of the sale proceeds to ensure that her sons do not neglect her when she is in the last stage of her life.
Or else, she can reinvestment in another property within 3 years will entitle her to claim capital gain.
Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Can police carry search with copy of search warrant issued by court
- brother in law not diving the property amicably as ordered by court
- Eligibility in Govt. Job if criminal case is pending
- What is divorce by mutual consent?
- Will remarrying without divorce decree be amount to bigamy ?