quesMother gifted property to brother. Can i ask for my share?

My mother who is no more seams to have gifted a property worth 2 cr today to my brother's on as wedding gift, 5 yeras ago. we are 3 brothers and 5 grand children. I was not informed of this till date by my broter or by my mother. farther is alive and property mother's name. My mom and dad stay with my brother in the property for over 20 years now Is this right, can we make any claim thanks sharmaed

  • ansAny self acquired property can be gifted to any person. However if it is an ancestral property (in case of Hindu) then the said property can not be gifted, you being one of the legal heir, entitled for a share in the ancestral property.

    Advocate Nanchill Rajkumar

      Velachery, Chennai

  • ansHave you seen the so called registered gift deed executed by your mother to your brother? Do you have a copy of it and confirms the gift deed?
    Basically it is a property on the name of your mother, i.e., property belonging to married women will be their absolute property in which they have full rights to dispose the same in any manner and to anyone of their choice as per desire without taking anyone's consent including her husband or children. If this gift deed was executed by your mother in a normal status i.e., without any pressure and in a sound mental health, this can be considered as a valid document hence neither you nor anyone can claim any share in the property after the said execution in your brother's favor.

    Advocate T Kalaiselvan

      Kosapet, Vellore

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

I have my uncle in home town who is elder than my father but my…
I have a house in Delhi. I am owner and home loan by ICICI is…

A man sale me his occupied govt. Land with his signature on stamp paper 2003.…

Family details- after my fathers death, there are total 5 members in family- Mother, 2…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly