Misplaced copy of the sale deed. How to register flat?
I own a flat in Noida. It is in the name of my late father. It is not registered. The sale deed has been misplaced. The apartment is 25 years old. We had applied through RTI to the municipality regarding any documents submitted to them during the purchase of the flat. What we got was limited documents and no sale deed. We have been chasing the builder for last 5 years but there has been no progress. What are our rights and how do we get the flat registered in our name without sale deed?
If sale deed has been misplaced you can lodge FIR with local police station. In addition you have issue public notice in local newspapers.
If cooperative society has been formed of members, your society must be having copy of the same in its records as without sale deed your father would not have been admitted as member in the society.
You can obtain the copy from the society itself.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- My son took my money by fraud what can I do
- Can father sell grand father's property without partition
- Internal Complaint Committee Sexual Harassment of Women at Work Place.
- Land dispute by brother by transferring in his name
- Society blocking services for delayed maintenance payments what to do?