Minor son as the owner of the property
My father purchased a property in my name when I was 16 yrs. Now I am a major and my father expired. My step sisters are contesting that the property is purchased with my father's income and I was only a nominee and are demanding a share in this property. Is it valid by law. Are they entitled for a share in this property purchased by my father in my name when I was a minor.
Your sisters have no share in this property due to the fact, that the same is registered in your favor by your father during his lifetime. Registration of a property in sole name implies sole ownership thereof. As such you are the owner and not nominee.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
- Want to sell property mentioned in WILL that is expired
- Multiple registration of land done by owner how can i claim my right
- Property sale under Pugree system
- Can advocate become witness if whom he is representing is death
- Is ruling by arbitrator of Financial Company binding on borrower