quesMinor son as the owner of the property

My father purchased a property in my name when I was 16 yrs. Now I am a major and my father expired. My step sisters are contesting that the property is purchased with my father's income and I was only a nominee and are demanding a share in this property. Is it valid by law. Are they entitled for a share in this property purchased by my father in my name when I was a minor.

• ansYour sisters have no share in this property due to the fact, that the same is registered in your favor by your father during his lifetime. Registration of a property in sole name implies sole ownership thereof. As such you are the owner and not nominee.