Married against family's wish. Can they bar me from taking my share?
My brothers and sisters are not willing to give me a share in our ancestral property because I married the one I love. We have about 50 to 55 Bigha big lands. Is my love marriage a valid reason for them not to give me a share in the property?
If I file a case will I have to bring witnesses? No one will support my case in the family as I married against their wish and they are against me now.
You cannot be denied your share in property merely because your marriage was by your own choice.
One acquires an interest in the ancestral property since birth, therefore you are legally entitled to your share in the property and you can file a suit for partition and permanent and mandatory injunction to claim your share.
Yes, you shall have to adduce evidence to prove that you are a member of the family, however, it is not relevant if the family members do not support your case as all you have to prove is the fact that you are a coparcener i.e. a member of the family and sharer in the ancestral property.
Kindly contact us for any further details and action.
Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Ancestral Property Dispute. Can we file a case after 45 years?
- Unnecessary Harassment by Cleaner. Filed false case in labor court.
- How To Recover Money lend To A Person
- Given share of money to sister on property can they claim share later
- Wife filed false dowry case what action can I take