Mama Willed grandfather's property to his wife.Now children want share
My maternal grandfather had property in Kolkata. He expired in 1969 and did not make any Will. My maternal grandfather had 2 daughters and 1 son. My mama before his death Willed the property to his wife. Now his daughter's have a filed a case for equal share in the property. In that case they have included me and my mother's sister as well. My mother expired in 2013. How can we resolve this issue? What are the legal options available to us?
We suggest that you should resolve the matter amicably and execute an partition agreement or family settlement agreement therein defining your portion of share.
In case you are unable to do same, then you will have to file suit for partition thereby seeking your portion of share in the property
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Want to start business what is suitable proprietor or partnership
- What are the right of children over the property of parents
- How to withdraw from accepted offer letter
- Can i get khata transfer to legal heirs name
- How to cancel an old Will and make fresh one?