quesMaintenance being asked for months before possession.

I own a 4 bedroom, hall, kitchen flat in a society build by well named and established builder. I was provided possession of the flat in August 2012. But as i spoke to the 3 party service provider of the maintenance of the society, he said that i have to pay maintenance amount from March 2012. BUt my point is since i was not living here and it was not even in my possession, why am i liable to pay the amount. As i spoke to the builder he said it is not my headache, you handle it yourself. What should i do against the builder and am i liable to pay the amount?

  • ans1. You are liable to pay for maintenance from the date of your being handed over possession of the flat,
    2. You can file a complaint case before the local District Consumer Dispute Redressal Forum alleging deficiency in service and unfair business practice claiming relief, damage & cost.

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

I have raised an unauthorized structure with GI piped to cover my car from coconuts…

Hello Sir, I am from Tamil Nadu. Some empty place there in front of my grandpa's…
Can daughters claim equal share as sons in parents flat under redevelopment process? The deceased…

My father selling a property want anequal distribution of amount among their five son and…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate J. P. Rinwa

  High Court
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly