Maintenance being asked for months before possession.
I own a 4 bedroom, hall, kitchen flat in a society build by well named and established builder. I was provided possession of the flat in August 2012. But as i spoke to the 3 party service provider of the maintenance of the society, he said that i have to pay maintenance amount from March 2012. BUt my point is since i was not living here and it was not even in my possession, why am i liable to pay the amount. As i spoke to the builder he said it is not my headache, you handle it yourself. What should i do against the builder and am i liable to pay the amount?
1. You are liable to pay for maintenance from the date of your being handed over possession of the flat,
2. You can file a complaint case before the local District Consumer Dispute Redressal Forum alleging deficiency in service and unfair business practice claiming relief, damage & cost.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Can a third person file a divorce through a Power of Attorney?
- Girl is against the dowry but family is supporting dowry system
- action against forged papers to transfer landlordship
- Theft in house filed case how to support my case
- Can wife ask for maintenance if husband is earning more money