quesLegal opinion required for ancestral property.

My grandfather's self-acquired property- is due for sale now and my grandfather passed away. My grandfather has one son and two daughters. My father and two of my aunties entered a family agreement stating that the “grandfather's self-acquired house property should be handed over to the grandson as a token of love (me) and my aunties received my grandfather’s money in construction of their houses, signed by all the three members (my father + two aunties and as a witness signatures by my aunties husbands) and Notarized the agreement in the year 2000 (my father and aunties also passed away)

Now I decided to sell the property, buyer is demanding NOC from my sister and my auntie’s children. Please help me, is it required NOC from my sister and aunties children’s or is there any other legal provision to avoid , because as of now they are not claiming anything, my worry is if I request signature particularly, they may demand money. What are my rights on this property? How to get over this issue.

  • ansNotarizing the agreement will not suffice. It has to be registered according to law. After your aunts articulated in the family agreement their consent to give up their share in your favor it had to be registered in the manner prescribed under law. This is the reason why buyer has not accepted the agreement. After registration property should be mutated in your favor. Once it is done no NOC will be required or insisted by the prospective purchaser.

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

I am Hindhu and 39 years old.I have 3 elder sisters and one elder brother.All…
actually my grandfather died in 2013. before that we are joint family after his death…
My sister-in-law cheated her mother do a settlement deed with her and my husband. She…
Hi, there has been a stay order on our construction from the high court. Can…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Vipin Kumar Malhotra

  Saket Court Complex
 Experience: 18 years

Advocate J. P. Rinwa

  High Court
 Experience: 16 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly