quesLand partitioning dispute.

My Grand-Father had 4 Sons (A,B,C,D) and 3 daughters, after his death the elder son (A) had the land papers with him, now the elder son (A) has 2 sons 1 daughter viz a1, a2, a3, another elder son (B) is having 3 sons 1 daughter viz b1,b2,b3,b4. third elder son (C) is having 1 son & 1 daughter viz c1, c2 and the remaining son (D) is having 1 son viz d1, now partition dispute is person A & B are dead. technically only 4 shares of the land to be partitioned. but now the elder son of A (who is having the papers) is stating the land should be partitioned among total 10 people viz (a1, a2, a3, b1, b2, b3, b4, c1, c2, d1) My Question, is there any law/rule. that the land should be partitioned in 4 shares not with 10 shares.

  • ansFour sons and three daughters and grand mother if alive have equal rights in shares that is among the 7 legal heirs of the grand father(except grand mother). If any of them are dead, the share will go to their legal heirs that is wife and children. supposing that grand mother is also passed away, hence if partition has to be done it will be in 7 shares unless the daughter release their shares.

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Property lawyers in India

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Richaa Kapoor

  Delhi High Court
 Experience: 25 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly