Land partition Suit
Smt T. has purchased an agricultural land in 1987 from Sri C. After purchasing the same, she obtained DC conversion order in 2002 and formed a layout in 2004. I have purchased a site in that layout in 2004 from Smt.T.. In 2007, the daughters of Sri.C has filed parttion suit to get their shares. they filed nearly 10 years after their father sold the property to T.. Since T. is not having that land, she is not appearing for the court. I am the bonafied purchaser. Is there any chance of loosing my site. Please give me your valuable suggestion to safegaurd my site. I am realy worried. I am having only one site.
If the land was registered in the name of Sri.C then he had an indefeasible legal right to sell it to any one he desired. His children had no right in the land unless the same was ancestral in nature. If the land was sold with proper documentation to T. then Sri.C or his children ceased to have any right therein. You must be having in your possession a copy of the sale deed which Sri.C made in favour of T. It can throw light on whether sale was complete or not and also whether requisite stamp duty was paid. If sale in favour of T. was complete and lawful then she could have as legal owner of the land sold it to you. Now that his daughters have filed a suit for partition you should contest the same through your lawyer so that you succeed in repelling their legal challenge
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Took leave for 3 days co. deducted salary for 6 days
- JOINING A GOVT JOB WITH PENDING CRIMINAL CASE
- Can I win this dispute against transaction with credit card bank?
- Insurance agency delaying claim what to do
- Cheating and non refunding the money by educational institute