Land leased out to grandfather and 4 others. Am i legal lessee now?
Bangalore defense state office had leased a land having a temple on it, for its maintenance to 5 people, it was on perpetual lease and one lessee was my grandfather. Now all the lessees have expired. Do i become the legal lessee of the concerned land?
Legal heirs of the tenant are also tenants and get all the protection available to the tenant under the Rent Control Act of various states.
However, it is the choice of the legal heir if he wants to renew the contract with the landlord and continue to stay. Hence you can be legal lessee, of the said land
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- FIR lodged against me and not able to get visa what can I do.
- Construction by landlord causing disturbance to tenant what can I do
- Friend as unable to recover the sum, attempted for suicide
- Procedure to correct spelling in the government certificates
- Rights of a girl in the ancestral property of her parents