quesLand leased out to grandfather and 4 others. Am i legal lessee now?

Bangalore defense state office had leased a land having a temple on it, for its maintenance to 5 people, it was on perpetual lease and one lessee was my grandfather. Now all the lessees have expired. Do i become the legal lessee of the concerned land?

Legal heirs of the tenant are also tenants and get all the protection available to the tenant under the Rent Control Act of various states.

However, it is the choice of the legal heir if he wants to renew the contract with the landlord and continue to stay.  Hence you can be legal lessee, of the said land