land acquired by government. Getting low compensation. What to do?
our land is notified by the govt to be acquired for widening of a road.we have purchased that land in dec 2008.now the problem is : we had purchased 2 acres (the front of land touching the road) out of 40 acres from the farmer.now the authorities are saying that money will be distributed according to the propotion of the khewat.so the problem is that our land is being acquired but we are getting a very small amount and the farmer is getting the 90% of the compensation amount and also he is not losing his land. provide the solution.
To my understanding the distribution of money will according to the proportion of the khewat i.e each owner's holding. So to give you further guidance, I need to know
1. what is your ownership status in the khewat?
2. Out of that, what proportion of your khewat has been notified to be acquired?
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- How to transfer land from one brother to another
- What is the eligibility criteria to receive gratuity benefit
- Hindu converted into a muslim for the benefits under NCMEI Act 2004
- I have received summon from women cell What can I do
- Has the husband condoned act of adultery or not