Joint owner of property sell his share w/o objection?
A property of three storied building with land is owned by 3 relatives in Mumbai. The mutation is in their 3 names. There is no partition deed. Can one owner sell his/her undivided share to a third party without a partition deed? In the sales deed if the two other owners sign as witnesses, is that enough? What documents do we require?
The joint nature of property is no bar to selling individual shares.
Any of the 3 owners can sell his share to any one he so desires. The signature of other 2 owners as witnesses on the sale deed will not make the sale deed attain legal character greater than it would have attained if it were signed by some one else.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- if I am unable to pay compensation amount are my legal heirs liable
- insurance claim clarification as my car got damaged by Truck driver
- Wife's parents forcing her to give divorce what can I do
- International divorce.
- Labour was reinstated by labour court is he eligible for back benifits