×

quesJoint owner of property sell his share w/o objection?

A property of three storied building with land is owned by 3 relatives in Mumbai. The mutation is in their 3 names. There is no partition deed. Can one owner sell his/her undivided share to a third party without a partition deed? In the sales deed if the two other owners sign as witnesses, is that enough? What documents do we require?

• ansThe joint nature of property is no bar to selling individual shares.

Any of the 3 owners can sell his share to any one he so desires. The signature of other 2 owners as witnesses on the sale deed will not make the sale deed attain legal character greater than it would have attained if it were signed by some one else.