quesJoint owner of property sell his share w/o objection?

A property of three storied building with land is owned by 3 relatives in Mumbai. The mutation is in their 3 names. There is no partition deed. Can one owner sell his/her undivided share to a third party without a partition deed? In the sales deed if the two other owners sign as witnesses, is that enough? What documents do we require?

  • ansThe joint nature of property is no bar to selling individual shares.

    Any of the 3 owners can sell his share to any one he so desires. The signature of other 2 owners as witnesses on the sale deed will not make the sale deed attain legal character greater than it would have attained if it were signed by some one else.

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

I recently received "Agreement to sell" and "construction agreement" from the developer after paying booking…

My grandfather bought land in 1982 from a relative. Registries were not happening and hence…

We were staying in a rented property since 45 years. The rent is on my…

3 sons to sell share to builder 2 share of father and son to remain…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly