Issues over construction of common wall - FREE LEGAL ADVICE

quesIssues over construction of common wall

I started renovating my house which belongs to my father.The property next to my house belongs to my uncle and he sold it to a third party 25 years back. We and the thrd party shared a common wall without problems. Now the third party started troubling me after demolishing of my home saying that he had 2 feet less dimension according to the document.

When I asked for the documents he refused and threatened to make a huge issue out of it. I had to leave 3/4 ft from the common wall. We made an agreement on a stamp papper between the parties. Now he has denied the agreement and asking me not to construct the wall only. What legal action can I take now?

  • ansAll you have to do is bring down the agreement. Thereafter, any deed that shows your father and uncle had got the property bifurcated between themselves. Without looking into the documents it is very difficult to ascertain the exact status.

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Property lawyers in India

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Sukhwinder Singh Rai

  District Court, Ludhiana
 Experience: 17 years

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Sudershani Ray

  Kailash Hills
 Experience: 10 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly