Issue in the house we purchased. One relative of seller creating issue
HI, My parents bought a house 15 years before and now when we started re buliding the house one of the relatives of the person from whom we bought house creation issues as he has right on the house.We have recieved the patta also from the government but they are telling the particular number in registration paper is not correct.Hence they have rights on the house.Please advice how to go about this.
I will advice you to contact one advocate and get the property documents scrutinised. Onlynafter the scrutiny of the document, he will be able to tell you the legality of you title.
Upon which you can decide to contest the case and prove your right or you can also decide to compromise after negotiation.
Advocate Sandeep HegdeRajajinagar, Bangalore
after purchase of the house, were your parents staying in the house for 15 years, or was it let out or vacant.
If your parents were in occupation of the house, then the relative of the seller cannot do anything now, he has no rights, any dispute he can only seek relief from the seller and not you.
If you have received the patta and if the same is incorrect or if there is an error, then file an application with the tahsildhar and seek for rectification of the same.
error or mistake in the patta does not give anybody any right, title or interest in the property.
Advocate Kiran N MurthyIndiranagar, Bangalore
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- What is the court procedure after framing of charges?
- ING VYSYA BANK now kotak mahindra bank has issued an arrest warrant
- registration of grand father's property to third party by his son
- Property is under my control but have no proof of ownership what to do
- Brother removed from Indian navy after selection. Can we file any case