is stamp duty required in consumer court cases
When a complainant makes a complaint under district consumer forum, does he has to pay stamp duty on the amount claimed?
Complainant need not pay stamp duty on amount claimed. Complainant has to pay Court Fee based on his claim. If the claim is Less than Rs. 1 lakh, court fee shall be Rs. 100; If the claim is Rs. 1 lakh and above, but less than Rs. 5 lakh, court fee shall be Rs. 200; If the claim is Rs. five 5 and above, but less than Rs. 10 lakh, court fee shall be Rs. 400; and if the claim is Rs. 10 lakh and above, court fee shall be Rs. 500.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- In-laws not paying any maintenance for basic needs how to claim
- Can I file domestic violence case after my husband files for divorce?
- How advocates convince husbands to give divorce to his wife
- Phone recordings and chats are considered as evidence in court
- Applicant receiving higher salary than senior in same filed work