Is other person's presence necessary while gifting them my property?
How can I transfer my property in favor of my children? All of them are settled in different countries. Can it be done without requiring their physical presence in India? What would be stamp duty on the registration of the property in Chennai?
It is not advisable to pass on your property to children right away as there is no guarantee that they would take your care once the property is transferred. So we would advise you to give them the said property though Will.
However, if you so desire you can execute gift deed in favor of your children. Stamp duty in Chennai is 8% of market value of property. It needs to be registered by the donor in presence of 2 attesting witnesses.
Gift must be accepted by your children during your lifetime. Presence of your children is not mandatory.
Your children can make a POA to accept the gift.
Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Change in selection process can we legally oppose this
- On orders of company house vandalised by goons can i ask compensation
- What happens to joint property of husband and wife in case of divorce?
- Husband filed for divorce on the basis of cruelty
- What are implications of selecting different cast while applying job