is my mother eligible to sell our land
A land is in the name of my father and mother. My father is not present as we have lost him some years ago. So the question is, is my mother eligible to sell the land?
After your father's death, his share would be inherited by all his legal heirs ie your mother and you. You may carry out mutation of name in revenue records and then the property can be sold.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- procedure after sending third notice for cheque bounce
- Peer to peer Car Sharing. Is it legal?
- Expecting a Child outside wedlock now how to handle this
- Registering WILL after the death of the testator
- Does son have share in late mother's property or only husband has?