quesIs it possible that wife of B party can execute power attorney(GPA)?

A Party paid full money to B party for the property purchase(property is in joint name of party B and his wife). B party have a wife and minor son. His wife is now suffering from some desises and admitted in hospital from past 3 months, doctor told she will not survive and she is not in position to walk also.

1. Is it possible that wife of B party can execute power attorney(GPA) in favor of B party(Her Husband) and then property can be registered to A Party?
2. If his wife dies, then can we able to do property registration with only B party, his son is minor?

• ansThe wife can give a poeer of attorney but that requires registration. Any dicument involving transfer of ownership of immovable property requires registration. The wife can make a will where she can transfer her share to her husband. Will need not be registered and upon her demise, her husband can alone sell the property to you.

Advocate Tanushree Sahani

Jakkur, Bangalore