quesIs family tree an important document for verification?

I have booked a flat in Delhi. The builder provided me with all the necessary documents for doing a legal verification. The property (land) belonged to a joint family. However, the builder claims that he has not information about the joint family. Is the information required for taking the final call? Is it ok to go ahead with the property if the builder is unable to provide info about family?

  • ansIt would be advisable to get the family background to determine if builder has obtained rightful ownership as the property in question is a joint property and in many instances rightful shareholders are kept out of the deal. Even if you get a search done and check the mutation records it would be difficult to determine who were the actual do owners. We would not recommend to go ahead with this property without knowing the devolution and distribution of shares of property among its family members.

    Any family member can subsequently take legal proceedings for challenging sale of property to builder if he has not been given his share of the sale proceeds.

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

Without signature and knowledge of (Hindu)mother two sons got registered their ancestral property in their…

My father has expired,He has left behind some landed property. we are three brothers but…

I have purchased house in titwala district one year ago and my house is on…
My Property located in Trichy Tamilnadu. In our family my father is elder, 2 brothers…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly