My father expired without making a will.I and my mother inherited some property ,house and land by this. My mother has forgone her share and given it to me by a registered deed. So have my uncles who also had equal share in the property. Now I am the owner of it and the Property card shows my name. I have a HUF . Can I now say that this is a HUF property for Income Tax purpose? Can I add it to the HUF ? What legalities have to be done?
This is not a HUF property as your mother and uncles have relinquished their share in your favor.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Fraud by a partner in partnership no agreement
- What is the procedure to file a complaint against husband
- Credit note issued is not being honored.
- Property in father's name occupied by uncle and grandfather
- How to get my kid back he is living with in laws after wife's death?