quesInherited Property

My father expired without making a will.I and my mother inherited some property ,house and land by this. My mother has forgone her share and given it to me by a registered deed. So have my uncles who also had equal share in the property. Now I am the owner of it and the Property card shows my name. I have a HUF . Can I now say that this is a HUF property for Income Tax purpose? Can I add it to the HUF ? What legalities have to be done?

  • ansThis is not a HUF property as your mother and uncles have relinquished their share in your favor.

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

My mother purchased land in Bangalore around 1980's with special DC approved registration, since my…

We are two brothers. After my father's demise me, my younger brother and my mother…

My mother fixed a deal for our shop. We accepted the bayana. Now, my mother…

My elder brother who was a farmer expired last September. He was unmarried and had…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly