My father expired without making a will.I and my mother inherited some property ,house and land by this. My mother has forgone her share and given it to me by a registered deed. So have my uncles who also had equal share in the property. Now I am the owner of it and the Property card shows my name. I have a HUF . Can I now say that this is a HUF property for Income Tax purpose? Can I add it to the HUF ? What legalities have to be done?
This is not a HUF property as your mother and uncles have relinquished their share in your favor.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Do I need to give notice to builder, in case of delay in possession?
- Can I prosecute Municipal commissioner for granting licence
- Can divorce be filed without spouse address ?
- How to seek divorce from NRI husband on harassment grounds ?
- Property documents presented by wife I am already paying maintenance