×

quesIllegal possession on part of shared property

My neighbor has illegally possessed a part of our shared property and even though he doesn't have a right to build a house there as the property doesn't even belong to him. It belongs to my grand father's brother and after he passed away his family couldn't divide the house among them and so 2 brothers sold the house without transferring the papers and as the person who bought the house was a member of Nagar palika at our place. He abused his power to build the house without even passing the map by a secretariat from nagar palika. And he has taken over a part of shared passage and covered it with a roof over half of passage. Can you please advise if we can go to court with this case and what are the chances of a fair play in court.

• ansYou can always go to the court if you have a cause of action or you have been deprived of any of your rights. Decide for yourself if you want a share in the property. Courts always have a fair play though the process is long and democratic in this country.

Since your land has been usurped by your neighbour you may file a case for eviction in the court of District Civil Judge.