Illegal possession of father's residential property
My father was allotted a residential quarter on outright purchase from the management on closure of mines. The property is illegally being possessed by a goon with his family since the past 10 years without any rent or agreement. A complaint with the police did not help us in any way. Instead they asked the goon for money and then to evacuate.
He has now filed a case against my father stating that he is paying rent and has possessed the house showing residential proofs. The court proceedings have taken 7 years without any result. Our lawyer does not coordinate with us but regularly get his fee on demand. What can we do now?
The litigation process is long drawn and an expensive proposition. The court cases take 15 years and beyond sometimes to be disposed of. If it is possible to arrive at an amicable settlement with the goon then you should go ahead with the settlement. You will end up spending more money on legal fees otherwise.
Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- My husband and mother in law left my matrimonial house to file divorce
- Can complaint be filed if boy refuses to marry after engagement
- After rent agreement came into effect other party backing out. Remedy?
- After one week of accident they are asking for car damages
- Documents are required for settlement of deceased wife bank accounts