Illegal possession of father's residential property
My father was allotted a residential quarter on outright purchase from the management on closure of mines. The property is illegally being possessed by a goon with his family since the past 10 years without any rent or agreement. A complaint with the police did not help us in any way. Instead they asked the goon for money and then to evacuate.
He has now filed a case against my father stating that he is paying rent and has possessed the house showing residential proofs. The court proceedings have taken 7 years without any result. Our lawyer does not coordinate with us but regularly get his fee on demand. What can we do now?
The litigation process is long drawn and an expensive proposition. The court cases take 15 years and beyond sometimes to be disposed of. If it is possible to arrive at an amicable settlement with the goon then you should go ahead with the settlement. You will end up spending more money on legal fees otherwise.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Legal advice to have property with clear title.
- Seller asking to pay for approval number should I pay him
- I want to marry again with another lady How to do
- Process of divorce if wife is mentally unsound
- Aunt gave property through veelunama now children claiming it Remedy ?