quesIllegal occupancy of my building

Our property was given to a developer on a joint development agreement.The developer has made some deviations, when i asked him to regularise it as per the agreement he refused and has allowed some occupants to reside in the building.Even in our share of the property he has allowed illegal occupants to reside by taking money from them.The property is still in my name and We have not given permission for electricity and water, but he has somehow got electricity and water. We have given police complaint saying he has rented out or leased the property without our consent and also he is not letting us inside the building we have also given legal notices for the same. The developer has political connections and he knows goondas also. 1)What are my options?can i put a cheating case on him? 2)What other cases can i put on him? 3)How long will it take to put an injunction and evict the illegal occupants? 4)what are the options developer has, what cases he can put against us?

  • ans You are advised to issue legal notice to your Builder and also to the Municipal Corporation. The occupancy certificate is mandatory for apartments. The mortgaged flats can not be released without occupancy certificate. The builders what they do, they sell the property to needy and vanish from the site. The land lords will face all the trouble and penal action including compoundable fine of the property. File a WRIT petition before High Court against the builders and the Municipal Corporation to pull down the deviations and issue occupancy certificate.

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

My friends sister a widow, her husband as two apartments in Coimbatore, and he had…
Difference between LA Pattayam and LR Pattayam .Can a Pattayam be set aside in a…
Father expired in 2007, before  that he made gift deed for a property which v…

Sir, I want to know that Whether There are any law for a married daughter,…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate J. P. Rinwa

  High Court
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate R C Mahajan

  Paschim Vihar
 Experience: 23 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly