If father can receive gift deed from son.
My father had gifted me a property in Bangalore in the year 2005. Proper gift deed was drafted and duly registered and stamp duty was paid for the same. later the said flat was transferred in my name. I would like to know if my son has any legal ownership or part ownership rights over the said property.
Once gift deed has been executed by your father in respect of his self acquired property, you become absolute owner of said flat. Your son has no rights on said flat . you are free to transfer, mortgage or create any third party rights on said flat. You can bequeath said property by will to whomsoever you desire. Only in event you die intestate would your son along with other legal heirs have any right on said flat.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Can an ancestral property of parsi be gifted to his one son?
- Outcomes of admiting the fact of liability and ready to pay penalty
- Permission to work abroad during 498a , merchant navy
- Case under section 420 IPC. Pending for 8 years. How to finalize it?
- How can we claim share in ancestral property