If father can receive gift deed from son.
My father had gifted me a property in Bangalore in the year 2005. Proper gift deed was drafted and duly registered and stamp duty was paid for the same. later the said flat was transferred in my name. I would like to know if my son has any legal ownership or part ownership rights over the said property.
Once gift deed has been executed by your father in respect of his self acquired property, you become absolute owner of said flat. Your son has no rights on said flat . you are free to transfer, mortgage or create any third party rights on said flat. You can bequeath said property by will to whomsoever you desire. Only in event you die intestate would your son along with other legal heirs have any right on said flat.
Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Builder not transferring conveyance deed in favor of the society.
- Is it legal to start a Bike Taxi service in Kerala India?
- how to make a claim for share in fathers ancestral property
- Charge sheet not raised even after 21 months of FIR
- How can a Muslim husband get custody of his girl child from wife