quesIf father can receive gift deed from son.

My father had gifted me a property in Bangalore in the year 2005. Proper gift deed was drafted and duly registered and stamp duty was paid for the same. later the said flat was transferred in my name. I would like to know if my son has any legal ownership or part ownership rights over the said property.

  • ansOnce gift deed has been executed by your father in respect of his self acquired property, you become absolute owner of said flat. Your son has no rights on said flat . you are free to transfer, mortgage or create any third party rights on said flat. You can bequeath said property by will to whomsoever you desire. Only in event you die intestate would your son along with other legal heirs have any right on said flat.

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

Can I construct a floor on the terrace of my late husband's brother's house? My…

Sir /mam I am belonged to Hindu religious Me Patna new by pass se hu.…

We are four brothers to our parents. My father has purchased a house with his…

i want to purchase a house property from my brother. he brought on his own…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly