Husband dies without writing a will.
My friends sister a widow, her husband as two apartments in Coimbatore, and he had not transfer the property to wife or son, but in her certificate, his mother name is there. after his death, the rent is being collected by her mother and not even a single rupee is given to her daugter in law. now how can we claim the rent and will the mother in law as the right to sell that property? can she claim the daughter in law to give her equal share separation in 2 apartments, legally. The mother in law has many properties in her name and she also has 2 more sons. my friends sister as a son aged 18 studying 12th standard. can you explain can the mother in law as a heir holder what rights to enjoy this apartments?
If her husband died without a will then she along with her children and mother-in-law is an equal shareholder in the property. Her mother-in-law cannot claim to be the sole owner of the property. The rent so collected is to be apportioned equally between her, her children and her mother-in-children. She can file a case for partition to cull out her share in the property and also the rent collected till date by her mother-in-law after the death of her husband.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Born in home how can I get my birth certificate
- Father gave surety in a transaction now person asking father for money
- About Incorporation as a private limited or as trader under shop act
- Parents not ready for our marriage what can we do
- Did not attend office for 4 month in central govt employee